Posted : 05 Oct 2018
RECRUITMENT OF FACULTY
Faculty of Arts and Social Studies
|ENGLISH||Associate Professor||English||As per UGC norms with Master degree and Ph.D. in the subject|
|Assistant Professor||English||As per UGC norms with Master degree in the subject (Ph.D. in the subject desirable)|
1. Upper Age Limits: For Associate Professor - 50 years; for Assistant Professor - 45 years.
Candidates should have a strong academic background and understanding of current developments in the related field. Faculty members are expected to carry out research, design and teach courses, engage in institution development and conduct training program and consultancy.
Pay and other benefits: Pay and other allowances will be equivalent to those of State Universities in West Bengal.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
Last date for receipt of the application form is 10th November, 2018
Please note that filled-up application form will be accepted through speed post/ registered post addressed only to:
St. Xavier's University, Kolkata
Premises No. IIIB -1, Action Area IIIB
P.S. New Town
Kolkata 700 160
- Incomplete applications in any respect will not be entertained by the University.
- Applications through e-mail, private courier service or hand delivered will not be accepted.
- Mere fulfilment of the afore-mentioned qualifications & experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
- The University reserves the right to consider and to fill or not to fill positions in any of the above and/or any other specialization(s).
- No correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from candidates regarding postal delays, conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview or selection.
- All qualifications must be from UGC recognized University/ Deemed University/ MHRD approved autonomous institution (wherever applicable). The courses offered by autonomous institutions should be equivalent to the relevant course approved/ recognized by Association of Indian University (AIU).
- For regular appointment, there would be a probation period of 2 years.
- Last date for receipt of completed Application Form is 10th November, 2018.
- Applications received after the due date will not be considered.
- The University will send communication through email only to the short-listed candidates.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- The University shall not be responsible for any postal delay.