St. Xavier's University, Kolkata invites applications for the following faculty positions
Posted : 14 May 2017
|Assistant Professor in Commerce - 1||As per UGC norms with specialization in Accounting & Finance and Ph.D. in Commerce|
|Assistant Professor in English - 1||As per UGC norms with Ph.D. in the subject|
Candidates should have a strong academic background and understanding of current developments in the related field. Faculty members are expected to carry out research, design and teach courses, engage in institution development and conduct training program and consultancy.
Minimum Qualification and other eligibility norms: Ph.D. for all positions and other requirements as per UGC Regulations.
Pay and other benefits: Pay will be in accordance with UGC Pay band with academic grade pay and other allowances will be equivalent to those of State Universities in West Bengal. In addition, there will be special allowance and also contribution towards P.F. (as per rule). 'Pick up and drop' facilities from selected points may also be available.
Last date for receipt of the application form is 30th May, 2017.
Please note that application in hard copy will be accepted through speed post/ registered post addressed only to:
St. Xavier's University, Kolkata
City Office: 30 Mother Teresa Sarani (Park Street)
Kolkata 700 016
- Incomplete applications in any respect will not be entertained by the University..
- Applications through e-mail, private courier service or hand delivered will not be accepted.
- Mere fulfilment of the above mentioned qualifications & experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
- The University reserves the right to consider and to fill or not to fill positions in any of the above/and or any other specialization(s).
- No correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from candidates regarding postal delays, conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview or selection.
- All qualifications must be from UGC recognized University/ Deemed University/ MHRD approved autonomous institution (wherever applicable). The courses offered by autonomous institutions should be equivalent to the relevant course approved/ recognized by Association of Indian University (AIU).
- Candidates called for interview to fill a vacancy, may be considered for lower/higher post depending on their suitability.
- For regular appointment, there would be a probation period of 2 years.
- Last date for receipt of complete Application Form is 30th May, 2017.
- Applications received after the due date will not be considered.
- The University will send communication only to the short-listed candidates.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- The University shall not be responsible for any postal delay.